The Island School provides an innovative environment which enriches the lives of its children, parents and community. The Island School’s curriculum is compliant with the Florida Standards for College and Career Readiness. In addition, The Island School has high academic standards and is fully committed to meeting the needs of each student.
The emerging global economy is demanding self-motivated, independent thinkers. Children who will lead us successfully into the future must be intrinsically motivated, self-governing, versatile, and able to derive knowledge from experience; all attributes nurtured in our school.
Through the guidance and skill of The Island School teachers and staff, our children are expected to:
- Develop independent and critical thinking skills
- Exhibit strong communication and computation skills
- Appreciate the diversity and value of all people
- Practice the basic civic values needed to create harmony in the classroom and beyond
- Demonstrate decision-making and problem solving skills
- Practice a commitment to life-long learning