The Mission of The Island School is to create an educational environment, which stresses academic excellence while nurturing the spirit of the child. Inherent in our philosophy is the belief that the responsibility for and ownership of education belong to the child.
Our Core Values
Standards of excellence in early childhood education are based on a commitment to core values which are deeply rooted in child growth and development. It is a privilege to work with children. Accordingly, we dedicate ourselves to:
- Appreciating childhood as a unique and valuable stage of development.
- Recognizing that children are best understood and nurtured in the context of family, culture, community and society.
- Helping children and adults achieve their full potential through relationships which are based on trust, respect and good will.
- Respecting the dignity, worth and uniqueness of each individual’s learning style and thinking preference.
- Honoring the gifts of every child, teacher, parent and Board member in our community.